Another installment of Weekly Wednesday Update. If you wanna join in, feel free to comment a link to your post. If not, enjoy the bookish happenings of the past week.
- Follow BookMuffin (that’s me!- You can follow me on WordPress, Bloglovin’, or email, all located in the sidebar of my blog)
- Link up! (I want to see all of your wonderful blog posts, so link up using the comments section below so I can find you and follow some of you too!)
- Write your post. It must include:
– What you are currently reading (you can include a picture and description if you want)
– What you have recently added to your TBR list (I use Goodreads, but if you just wanna write a list then that is awesome too!)
– What is upcoming on your blog (Have you got a review planned, an exciting piece of writing, or another meme post coming soon? Tell me and your followers so we can look out for it!)
– That’s it! Just have fun in the making!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (J.K. Rowling)
I’m loving HP at the moment, it’s got a lot darker and a bit more complex, which makes for really exciting story. It’s also a lot easier to understand compared to the films!
Fifty Shades Freed (E.L James)
Just don’t even go there… urgh can it just end already!
New Additions to Goodreads Shelves:
To Be Read
The Fever by Megan Abbott
Found this on Goodreads, and I have heard that Megan Abbott is a very good author. This sounds like an interesting dystopian novel, so it should be quite an exciting read.
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
The front cover caught my eye at first, then when i read the description, it sounded quite similar to Before I Go To Sleep, which I absolutely loved, so I’m hoping this will have the same turnout.
(Don’t You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn
Another dystopian novel, but I’ve never heard of the author, so if anyone has, or has read any of her books, I would appreciate some comments on what her writing is like.
The Black Hour by Lori Rader-Day
Oooh, Adult Fiction! Sounds awesome, gorgeous cover, but with a thriller twist in the story line. Cannot wait to read this.
Saving London by Taylor Dawn
I received an email from Booktrope Publishing asking me if I wanted an eARC, and of course I said yes! Sounds like The Fault In Our Stars with an Urban Fantasy twist. I will be reading this soon, and reviewing about two weeks before publishing on the 9th June 2015
Sister by Rosamund Lupton
Another adult fiction thriller added to my TBR, because they are all just so intense from my experience that I can never put them down. Discovery comes with a sister going missing, mmm, yes, sounds right up my street!
The Sisters by Claire Douglas
This has amazing ratings on Goodreads and guess what… it’s another adult fiction thriller! The line ‘One Lied, One Died’ just caught my instantly. I liked having that on the cover of the book, because it allowed me to judge the book a bit more on the story compared to the cover alone.
I will be reviewing Order of the Phoenix as soon as possible, and I will try to write a bookish post some when this week, but I have a lot to do so I apologise in advance if I don’t get chance to post much. I will still be doing my Feature Follow Friday in a few days and A Quote For The Weekend as well.
Happy Wednesday and Happy Blogging
All cover photos taken from Goodreads. Click on a book cover to see its Goodreads profile.