Top Ten Tuesday was originally started by The Broke And The Bookish, where a topic is given every Tuesday and the blogger then produces a top ten list of books to fit the weekly subject. The topic this week is ‘Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2016‘. I have already done something similar, but I’m gonna do this post anyway in case you missed my last one, so here it is:
1.Total books to read- 50 (or more)
2.Start the year with all books sent from authors/NetGalley and review them asap… I am keeping people waiting which is not good!
3. Read at least 2 more classics (I want to try an finish Little Women if possible, because it was so good I just never got to the end, and The Great Gatsby as a weekend read maybe?)
4. Try not to re-read any books… no promises on that one though
5. Add at least one book a week to my TBR (so I have something to write about for my weekly update.
6.Practice stopping in the middle of chapters (still at suitable points)- This is one of the things I am prone to doing, reading and not stopping until the end of a chapter. Sometimes I got more read, and sometimes I would put my book down early if the chapter looked too long to finish. I have to learn to read and stop when necessary, whether at the end of a chapter or not!
7. Read more non-fiction (hopefully this will be fairly easy with a research project coming up, but it’s always nice to read into other fields your interested in.)
8. Find a comfortable reading position- impossible as it may seem, I am determined to find a position that I am remotely comfortable sitting/lying in whilst reading!
9. Try out new genres- maybe I’ll find something new?!
10. Just read! Read as much or as little as I want and don’t be disheartened if I don’t enjoy a really hyped up book or a book by a favourite author of mine. It’s not the end of the world, the most important thing is the reading!