We’re celebrating here at BookMuffin HQ (aka me!) because it’s BookMuffin’s first birthday!! I cannot believe I have been blogging for a whole year, and I thought I would write a celebratory post summing up my blogging year, plus I will be revealing… The BookMuffin logo!! Da-da!! Firstly, I’m going to go through my year in blogging…
5 things I’ve learnt about book blogging…
- Don’t request/accept too many exchange books- as much as I was so excited about the prospect of authors and publishers sending me free books, I am currently drowning in exchange books and I have no time for personal reading!
- Keep to a posting schedule- I have to make sure I post frequently and make time for posts to keep my readers entertained
- Throw in an adhoc post- there’s nothing wrong with a surprise post once in a while if you have something you’re itching to discuss, or a blog tag you’ve been tagged to do
- Connect with social media- I find using Instagram, helps me to find new bloggers and connect with other people who may not necessarily write about books, but are still completely fanatic about them!
- Connect with other bloggers- Find other book bloggers and comment on their posts, make friends with other book lovers!
Top 5 books read in my blogging year…
I’ve read a total of 52 books in my blogging year (that’s a book a week!), and here are my top 5 books read from March 2015-March 2016:
- The Book Thief
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Me Before You
- Gone Girl
- The Husband’s Secret
Since I started blogging I have:
- posted 259 (this will be number 260!) posts
- received 4,385 views
- … and 1,737 visitors
- received 132 WordPress followers
and my best day (statistically speaking) was April 3rd 2015, with a total of 52 views!
The grand reveal of the BookMuffin logo!
WOOHOO! I will be uploading it very shortly and it will be all guns blazing this year!!
Thank you to all of my lovely readers for helping me get this far and supporting me, and I hope you all have a fab end of the week!
Happy Wednesday and Happy Blogging!