Top Ten Tuesday was originally started by The Broke And The Bookish, where a topic is given every Tuesday and the blogger then produces a top ten list of books to fit the weekly subject. The topic this week is ‘Top Ten Bookish Facts About Me‘ so here it is:
1. I own a Kindle… but prefer physical books
I used to love reading on my Kindle, but I have grown to love holding a proper book in my hands!
2. I can’t read multiple books at once…
…unless one of the books is being re-read! If I’ve read the book before I don’t mind, but I can’t follow two stories at once.
3. I like the way a book feels if it’s been dropped in the bath
Once the pages are dry of course… but I wouldn’t purposely sabotage a book, EVER!
4. I love the smell of new books
5. I love crime thrillers
But I do also like YA novels sometimes
6. I work opposite a bookstore
I am always early for work so I have plenty of time to browse!
7. I’m striving for a career in Book Design
I’m currently studying Graphic Communication but I’m hoping to focus on book design for the next year of my degree.
8. I like taking pictures of books
Books are beautiful, and their beauty should be shared with the world (find me on Instagram @bookmuffin)
9. I use clothes labels as bookmarks
Jack Wills and White Stuff are the most commonly used…
10. My bookshelf is categorized
Oversized and hardback books are ordered in height, paperbacks are organized by author’s surname alphatically (then by book when more than one book is owned by said author) and textbooks/non fiction is last, with heavier non fiction sitting on top.
Happy Tuesday and Happy Blogging!